Saturday, May 9, 2009

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Midsize Watch 178240-PRO

To tell you the truth, I was never a big fan of Rolex watches. My grandfather, father and most of my elderly uncles had one, giving the impression that it is an old man's brand. I do love little luxuries and when it comes to watches, there is not other brands that embed the notion of luxury better than Rolex. It was not until I discovered Rolex's Oyster Perpetual Datejust series that I began to get hooked on Rolex watches.

Personally, I am not really a big fan of big complicated watches with bezels and other bells and whistles. I prefer classically designed, no frills watches that oozes with elegance and simplicity. You can imagine my delight when I discovered the Datejust series.

Rolex's Datejust series is a collection of classically designed watches that embodies the tradition of classical watches. Most of the watches in this collection just tell the date and time, perfect for my minimalist taste. They are usually slender with smooth curves, and some can even be worn by both men and women.

Most of the watches in the Datejust collection are made of stainless steel. Some of the luxurious models are more heavily adorned with gold and even diamonds. Even the most ostentatious model in this collection is modeled to be understate and subtle. This is my favorite collection among all other Rolex watches as there is nothing classier than subtle sophistication (as opposed to over the top designs).

So a couple of months ago, I got my first Rolex watch, the Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust Midsize watch (178240-Pro). It is an elegant midsize timepiece with sleek matte stainless steal casing and a pink colored dial face. The numbers on the face of the watch are elegant, silver colored roman numerals. Like many Rolex watches, the 178249-Pro is an automatic watch so it does not require batteries.

For more product info and reviews on this watch model or other luxury watches, visit http://luxury-watches-review.blogspot.com

citizen watch
cartier watch

No comments: